Luxury hotel utilizes progressive technology partner to increase revenue
Harvey’s Point is a 4 Star Luxury Donegal hotel, set in the idyllic surroundings of Lough Eske, with the Bluestack mountains in the background. With breath-taking scenery at every turn you can relax in the ambient surroundings while enjoying the famous Donegal Hospitality. With large and luxurious bedrooms and award winning cuisine, the team at Harvey’s Point have a genuine desire to see guests who are happy, relaxed and pampered. Whether you want to unwind and do nothing or plan to explore Donegal, Harvey’s Point is the perfect base to enjoy it all.
Although Harvey’s Point has been in business for many years, they needed to develop a digital strategy in order to grow their brand awareness both domestically and internationally. The hotel had briefly used paid advertising over a seven month period between December 2015 to July 2016 but did not generate the desired results.
- Launch a new Harvey’s Point website.
- Develop a paid digital strategy.
Harvey's Point partnered up with SHR Group in October 2019 for booking engine, website design and digital marketing.
Following the launch of their new site, the next step was to open their paid advertising channels in order to attract new audiences:
- Google Ads Search campaigns were activated to target their primary
- Google Display and Video campaigns were set up to grow brand awareness.
- Display campaigns were expanded to include wedding advertising as this was
an area the business wished to grow.
- Metasearch was also enabled on Google Hotel Ad to help increase room revenue as well as tackle OTA’s head on.
It's clear that a cohesive paid marketing strategy is essential to drive results. By focusing on low-intent traffic through display and video campaigns Harvey's Point were able to reach their target market and improve their brand awareness. This attracted more high intent visitors, increasing traffic and revenue through both organic and paid channels. Enabling metasearch allowed the hotel to reduce their dependence on OTAs, by competing with them directly and driving more direct bookings.
- Overall revenue increased by 185% over the first 6 months year on year.
- The paid campaigns accounted for 26% of all traffic to the website.
- Google Search Ads showed a return on investment of 131:1.
- Metasearch return on investment was 58:1.
- Paid ads accounted for 31% of booking revenue.
- 7.7m Google Display & YouTube campaign impressions.
“The results speak for themselves, increased high intent traffic to the website, exceptionally strong ROAS on PPC and Metasearch campaigns, excellent KPIs from website to booking engine” - Sheila Russell, Sales & Marketing Manager, Harvey’s Point Hotel.
“Windward Management have embraced Allora, SHR Group’s AI booking engine technology, which ensures our guests get a personalized customer experience when they arrive on our
websites... Our results and KPIs from booking engine to digital reinforce the effectiveness of our partnership and SHR Group’s exceptional technology.” - Stephen Williams, Group Sales & Marketing Director, Windward Management.